King NLP Policies, Terms and Conditions
King NLP is committed to delivering a high quality, fun, flexible learning experience to all its customers. The Policies and Terms & Conditions details a wide range of relevant information relating to participation in training or consultancy services delivered by KingNLP.
It forms part of the terms and conditions for signing up for our training, with attendance at training being taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to periodic amendment.
KingNLP is proud to be a trainer member of the ANLP. We recommend that any participant intending to professionally practice NLP considers ANLP membership after the course.
Course Admission CriteriaYou will be required to complete a pre-course registration form to determine your aims and objectives. This will be followed with a phone conversation and or meeting.
NLP Practitioner training is frequently referred to as being “transformative”, and for good reason. It is, and produces enhanced understanding and fascinating insights into how we do what we do, how and why we have done what we have done, and most importantly, how we can go about achieving that which we seek to achieve in the future.
The nature of NLP training, and the fact we sometimes explore the causal characteristics of problems (as well as solutions) during a training course, means that trainees may find themselves in a vulnerable situation where potentially difficult material comes to the surface. Unusual instances of this nature are handled in a caring and sensitive manner. However, we are not psychotherapists and deep-rooted issues may need to be self-referred to the appropriate professionals. It must be made clear beforehand that the objective of the training course is learning and not personal therapy.
Admission to our training is subject to either 1-2-1 meeting or a pre-course telephone call to ensure the course content is suitable to your needs and outcomes and as importantly, that KingNLP trainers / facilitators have the necessary skills / facilities to meet your needs (KingNLP reserves the right to accept / decline course admission).
Participation in such training requires all parties to be assured that they are up to the rigour, and challenge, that such a potentially transformative experience can bring. Participants are therefore advised to consider and declare any medical condition, thoughts, or state of mind that may be off relevance. Examples of such conditions might include:
b) Mental Illness
c) Heart Conditions
e) Personality disorder
f) Or any other condition you might consider appropriate to disclose
Please note that as a responsible provider we have a range of supporting documentation including learning and participant agreements, which require reading, agreement and signing prior to accessing the programmes.
Professional Development Inc. Practice; SupervisionWhilst it’s not a requirement on 8 and 12 day courses, we recommend that participants prepare to optimise their training experience through some pre-course reading, and or participation in an Introduction to NLP event such as those delivered by KingNLP. 8 day practitioner and Master Practitioner training requires some home study and pre-learning.
Like most things in life we generally have varied reading styles and preferences, so I have recommended a range of practitioner books that will appeal to different people. Neurons that fire together, wire together so we recommend practice, practice and more practice, to achieve a level of competence as an NLP Practitioner. We strongly encourage you to locate and actively participate in a local NLP practice group and apply the skills in every day life. We offer an NLP practice group in Belfast, and others can be located from the ANLP website.
Supervision: If you are looking to generate income from NLP we recommend supervision from an appropriately experienced NLP Master Practitioner or trainer. We offer supervision arrangements and we are happy to offer informal advice in this area.
Code of ethicsNLP is a powerful methodology and as such we require all participants to agree to be bound by the following professional code of ethics as promoted by the Association of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ANLP). We reserve the right to cancel certification where individuals are deemed to be non compliant with the code of practice and its ethical application.
ANLP Code of Ethics
Ethical Standards and Professional Practice Guide
All members of ANLP International shall:
- Respect the dignity and worth of every human being, and their right to self-determination
- Strive to act with integrity, independence and impartiality, avoiding conflicts of interests and acting in accordance with the ANLP principles/presuppositions of NLP which appear overleaf
- Represent themselves, their qualifications, experience and membership of professional bodies honestly, and also (to the best of their knowledge) the skills, qualifications and experience of any third party to whom they refer any of their clients
- Recognise their scope of practice and only practise NLP within the limits of their competency and to their highest possible standards
- Strive to act within an ecological framework to ensure the safety of their client at all times
- Represent NLP interventions as an option and at no time as a certain solution for any given problem
- Act as ambassadors for NLP, so that it is presented as a professional and effective approach which can help people and organisations; avoiding bringing NLP into disrepute
- Act as ambassadors for ANLP, to promote its purposes and activities to a wider audience; avoiding bringing ANLP into disrepute
- Respect legitimate needs and requirements for confidentiality
- Respect the variety of different styles of NLP and complementary professions
- Promote fellow Members’ interests and avoid soliciting other Members’ clients away from them
- Ensure that clients’ expectations and the basis on which they will be met, are understood by both parties and that contractual arrangements are not changed without appropriate discussion
- Act within the law and not encourage, assist, or collude with others engaged in unlawful conduct
- Members (above Associate level) have an ongoing requirement to update their skills and knowledge, through Mentorship and/or pursuing recognised CPD requirements
Disclaimer: The Code does not assume that individual Members possess particular levels of skill in any specific area; it is important, therefore, that users of Members’ services do satisfy themselves that the person they are working with is appropriately skilled.
ANLP International will deal with any infringements of the Code of Ethics through its Complaints and Disciplinary Procedure.Room 11, Apsley Mill Cottage, London Road, Hemel Hemstead, HP3 9RL Tel: 0203 051 6740 Fax: 020 3355 0705 www.anlp.org ANLP International CIC is registered in England
What is and is not included in the course fee
KingNLP training includes:
- Quality NLP training. KingNLP is a trainer member of the Association of NLP (ANLP) and is regulated by their professional standards and code of ethics
- Practitioner assessment
- The opportunity to retake where / if necessary
- Course manual. This is a quality manual you will revisit time and again
- Regular feedback on both reflective learning journals and your on-going development (8 Day courses only)
- KingNLP Practitioner Certification (Participants have the option to subsequently apply for ANLP membership – at your cost, and we can sometimes offer three months introductory membership within the course fees)
- Clean and functional training premises
- Tea, coffee, water, biscuits, fruit
- High Impact; High Value; High Quality NLP training
- What’s not included in the course fee:
- Lunch (except France Residential)
- Overnight accommodation / transport (except France Residential)
Terms of Business and Cancellation Policy
- The total sum payable is that which was advertised and confirmed at the point of booking
- Full and final payment is due four weeks before commencement of training (except when agreed otherwise)
- Customers may cancel any booking / reservation up to four weeks prior to the first day of training or commencement of consultancy. In this instance customers will receive 75% reimbursement of funds that have been paid. The only exception being when a separate contract has been entered into, such as including those inclusive of accommodation or flights.
- Customers that cancel bookings less than four weeks before the commencement of training or consultancy can opt for either:
- Joining the next training at no additional cost. (We will not however accept a financial liability in this offer)
- 40% reimbursement of funds paid to date
- Customers that cancel bookings less than two weeks before the commencement of training or consultancy can opt for either:
- Joining the next training. (We will not however accept a financial liability in this offer)
- 10% reimbursement of funds paid to date
- Customers that cancel bookings less than 48hrs before the commencement of training or consultancy can opt for either:
- Joining the next training. (We will not however accept a financial liability in this offer)
- No reimbursement of funds will be made
- Customers that cannot complete the training due to personal circumstances / other commitments etc can either:
- Join the next training. (We will not however accept a financial liability in this offer)
- No reimbursement of funds will be made
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure KingNLP is notified and that you retain evidence. We recommend a courtesy call plus an email. If you have not received an email acknowledgement within 48 hours, please call back
- KingNLP apologies yet accepts no financial liability for costs incurred should training require rescheduling (You can choose a refund, or revised booking date)
- KingNLP Money back guarantee: In the unlikely event of this training not meeting your perceived needs we will reimburse you for any outstanding training days (pro-rata basis) in exchange for the return of all training related materials
- All prices advertised are done so in good faith whilst accepting errors can be made. Whilst we will endeavour to reach an amicable settlement we reserve the right not to enter into an agreement, and withdraw from that agreement in certain circumstances
- Special offers may be time limited and or by the numbers of places available for that particular offer. When we have filled the places allocated to each offer the offer is terminated. Each offer may be subject to offer specific terms and conditions
- We do not accept liability for any consequential loss or profit or indirect loss as a result of any relationship between KingNLP and our customers
- We do not under any circumstances accept liability for the consequences resulting in how students apply their interpretation of the skills they have learnt
- We reserve the right to withdraw any certificate issued in circumstances whereby we are reliably made aware that the NLP skills are being utilised in a manner which contravenes generally accepted ethical practice and the ANLP code of conduct
- KingNLP reserves the right to offer training and in certain circumstances, terminate the training agreement.
Important Notes: We take great pride in delivering an outstanding learning experience to ‘all’ participants. In order to do this we have to balance time and resources fairly across all participants.
You will be required to understand, adopt and behave in accordance with the “pre-suppositions of NLP” throughout the training (as are we). These represent the operating beliefs of NLP and were modeled from highly effective and ecological communicators. Feel free to ask for a copy before the training begins. In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to terminate the training of an individual/s.
In the case of an individual this would be the case of last resort. This is considered highly unlikely because it’s our intention to ensure everyone secures their outcomes. When required, we will abide by ANLP Trainer guidelines and adhere to their prevailing complaints procedure.
- What is NLP
- Operating Beliefs (Pre-suppositions of NLP)
- Pillars of NLP
- Sensory Acuity – Calibration
- Matching, Pacing and Leading
- State Management Inc. anchoring – (accessing and building resources)
- Well Formed Outcomes
- Representational Systems (VAKOG) – Sensory Modalities
- Sensory based words and phrases (Predicates)
- Eye accessing Cues
- Submodalities (Analogue, digital, critical and driver)
- How to elicit sub-modalities
- Accessing and Building Resources – Beliefs – States etc.
- Anchoring (Basic, stacking, collapsing, chaining)
- New Behaviour Generator
- Belief Change Process’s
- Strategies – T.O.T.Es – Strategy elicitation – Calibration – Application _ Installation
- NLP Frames – Outcome; Backtrack; Relevancy; Open; As if; Agreement; Discovery
- Reframing Inc. Content / Context
- Six Step Reframe Inc. Congruity / Incongruity
- Swish patterns
- Neurological Levels
- Meta programmes (Introduction)
- Perceptual Positions
- Milton Model (Linguistic patterns for change, influence and outcomes)
- The Meta Model (Linguistic patterns for understanding, creating choice, influence, change and outcomes)
- Fast Phobia Cure
- Herzberg’s Levels of Competence
- Present to Desired State Model
- Introduction to modelling & modelling assignment
Master Practitioner will contain additional material and you will be expected to be familiar with much of the NLP Practitioner Syllabus as listed below (Modelling excepted).
Certification Criteria and Assessment Methods
Assessment is integrated into and conducted throughout the programme. It’s conducted in a structured low key professional manner and provides the basis for good healthy participant feedback. Key assessment components are based upon:
- Observation throughout programme, on-going assistant peer & self assessment
- Completion of regular reflective learning journal for which you can expect constructive written feedback (10 day + programmes)
- Active participation in the learning process and involvement completion of practical activities such as anchoring states
- Completion of a multiple choice knowledge check
- Written assignment
- Incremental demonstration and integration of competencies throughout the programme
- An excellent opportunity to complete a short modelling exercise and secure feedback on both its design and execution (10 day + programmes)
KingNLP Certification is based upon Industry best practice and guidelines. We are committed to ensuring that your training is enjoyable, of a high standard, and that you successfully complete your training journey, knowing your final competency levels are at least equal to, or higher that of other comparable training programmes. It is worth noting that KingNLP utilises a process of continual “sensory specific” constructive feedback for students. This method ensures all students receive “rich” feedback on their developing competencies, and where appropriate, areas for continued development. We will where / if required, provide additional guidance to ensure students address any “transitional” weakness’s and in so doing can feel confident about securing certification on completion of training.
It should be pointed out that there is no “one”, universally, or even nationally recognised NLP accreditation procedure, qualification or standard within what is a self governing and unregulated industry. My personal journey to become an NLP Trainer has taken many years culminating in NLP Trainer Training and certification with Lisa Wake & Jeremy Lazarus, well-respected & established Master NLP Trainers and authors in the UK.
KingNLP trainers are also registered as NLP trainers with the Association of NLP. KingNLP accreditation requires you to:
- Attend and actively participate for the full duration of the training
- Should you not be able to participate for one or more days, you will be provided with the opportunity to attend the relevant module on a subsequent training event
- Should something happen that inhibited your availability for two or more days, we would normally offer you the option to attend the next available full training. (We will not however accept a financial liability to do so)
- Attendance for the final two day is mandatory, as this will include final assessment and may be attended by an external verifier
- Demonstration of knowledge as demonstrated within a multiple choice questionnaire
- On-going demonstration of your gradual integration of competencies throughout the programme
- Completion of reflective learning journals for each weekend (excluding final) and a small “modelling” project (10 day+ programmes)
- On-going tutor observation of your incremental application and integration of NLP competencies, including the presuppositions of NLP introduced early in the programme
- Your active programme participation and supporting of fellow learners.
The KingNLP certification criterion is based upon industry best practice. Participants should note that certification is based upon your ability to demonstrate the acquisition and integration of competencies. It is not an attendance certificate.
KingNLP offers two levels of certification on completion of NLP Practitioner Training. (Your post course registration with the ANLP is optional and unless agreed in writing, at extra cost)
- KingNLP ‘NLP Practitioner’ (or Master) Certificate
- KingNLP Provisional NLP Practitioner Certificate: Supported by detailed feedback on actions required for conversion
Post Training Development / Re-assessment
In the same manner in which KingNLP commits itself to facilitating the success of its students, it remains the learner’s responsibility to prepare for effective participation in the accreditation process.
- Our process of on-going evaluation and support means that all participants will be fully aware of any areas requiring development well in advance of final assessment. In the unlikely event that a participant has not “yet” reached the required standard by the end of the programme, they will be given 1:1 feedback regarding areas for continued development, and be invited back to participate in selected sessions on the following training. Reassessment will be informal. Whilst we reserve the right to make an additional charge, we would only do so where we incur notable additional time / costs
- Participation and reaching the standard required to be certified is just the beginning of your NLP journey. Embedding and developing NLP competencies is enhanced as you consciously commit to apply it to all areas of life. The multi-faceted nature means that each and every component, tool, skills, attitude, belief, technique etc. interacts with every other one. Converting theory into practice, requires practice, and the application of “there is no such thing as failure, only feedback”, which as NLP practitioners will know, is one of the NLP presuppositions
- KingNLP recommends that you take advantage and participate in one of the NLP practice groups that run throughout the country. You will meet other like-minded people committed to furthering their competencies. KingNLP provides one such group in Belfast for NLP Practitioners. This is usually run on a monthly basis
Committed to Equality; Celebrating Diversity
KingNLP will endeavour not to discriminate, directly or indirectly, against learners or potential students on the grounds of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious or political beliefs, disability, marital status or family circumstances, sexual orientation, age, ex-offender status, social class, HIV status or any other irrelevant criteria. Staff and learners at all levels are required to treat one another with respect and courtesy.
Culture and Values:
KingNLP Culture is one that promotes respect for a global community of individuals.
Our values include:
- enabling students, whatever their background, to develop as critical, reflective learners who will make a difference in the global community
- valuing and respecting the diversity of peoples individuality
- promoting justice, integrity and sustainable personal and collective growth
- providing a safe and healthy learning and growing environment
Policies and Practice:
Our Equality and Diversity Policies aim to ensure:
- fair and consistent training practice’s
- fair admissions, teaching, learning and assessment for all learners
- a positive working environment that promotes dignity and respect for all learners and staff
- a commitment to our legal responsibilities not to discriminate and to positively promote equality in all aspects of our work
KingNLP Equal Opportunities Action Plans are monitored and reviewed regularly.
The Data Protection Act states that those who record and process personal information must be open about how the information is used and must follow the eight principles of ‘good information handling’.
These principles state that data must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with your rights
- Secure, and
- Not transferred to countries without adequate protection
By law, data controllers, have to keep to these principles. If you believe in any way that KingNLP is not processing your personal data in accordance with these principles, please contact us at the address listed on the KingNLP contact page.
How does KingNLP collect data?
There are several means by which KingNLP collects personally identifiable data, for example via:
- Course application form
- Website cookies
- Course material
- Course evaluation
- 1:1 coaching
- PR and Marketing response
- Acceptance for inclusion on a mailing list or database
- As a result of you interacting with KingNLP (e.g. by undertaking research for KingNLP, or by entering into email or telephone correspondence with an employee of KingNLP, or by use of website cookies)
All personally identifiable information provided to KingNLP is processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We do collect standard data using cookies with the aid of Google analytics. No such data is shared with third parties. We aim to remain compliant with these new regulations currently being implemented across the EU.
Is information passed to third parties?
It is KingNLP’s policy to only disclose information to third parties if explicitly required to do so by United Kingdom Law.
KingNLP will obtain your consent before passing on any information to any third parties.
KingNLP does not collect or compile personally identifying information for dissemination or sale to external parties for marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties unless it is directly related to the training purchased by the customer.
KingNLP may anomalously use quotations etc. from learners for promotional purposes. However, reference would only be made to attribute any individual to a quotation, when that person’s written consent has been secured.
KingNLP may video some training in addition to taking photos. Whilst the videos are primarily for the purpose of on-going professional development, the latter may be used for promotional purposes. KingNLP will endeavour to respect the wishes of any individual who requests that they are not featured on any photo. We request that this is put in writing so that we have a record. Upon request we will remove any direct facial photo of any individual.
In the first instance please discuss any concerns with your trainer or assistant trainer. Under most circumstances, we would hope to be able to resolve most if not all issues. However, should anything remain unresolved, we subscribe to the ANLP best practice guidelines, details of which can be found at www.anlp.org
ANLP International will deal with any infringements of the Code of Ethics through its Complaints and Disciplinary Procedure. Room 11, Apsley Mill Cottage, London Road, Hemel Hemstead, HP3 9RL
Tel: 0203 051 6740 Fax: 020 3355 0705 www.anlp.org ANLP International CIC is registered in England,
Note: These terms and conditions are subject to on-going review.